Are you looking for a perfect bash to ring in this holiday season? If you want to craft a cool and thrilling experience, why not throw your own karaoke party? It will definitely get everybody on a hyped up vibe. You don’t have to go on a crowded place or spend big bucks on smoky karaoke bars if you can plan your karaoke singing party right in the comforts of your own home. Just keep these important things in mind and certainly you can have your way to an utmost singing rendezvous!
1. Everybody’s favorite videoke! A complete videoke set up is the highlight of the celebration. Before anything else, this should be the first important thing to consider. Having your own portable videoke device is definitely an edge since it is more convenient and easy to operate. Plus, you don’t have to be bothered much about paying extra charge if you are renting the equipment. Plus, having your own portable unit simply allows you to throw a karaoke night out whenever you like. Just be sure that the videoke device you are going to purchase offers a wide variety of songs and great music combinations to please your guests’ varied preference. It could also be a more entertaining activity if your guests will have a total engaging experience. Your karaoke device should also boast superior sound quality and offers more enriching entertainment value such as dynamic video backgrounds, and other advanced features. So be sure to invest on a good portable karaoke product.
2. The party setting. Another significant thing to consider is the location of your party. Are you planning to have an outdoor sing-along, or indoor party gathering? Think about the number of people you are planning to invite so that you could choose a suitable place to accommodate them. Make sure that wherever you wish to undertake your karaoke night out, there is sufficient room and seating capacity. Make sure the wires are not in the way to avoid any one from tripping. Remember that safety is a priority. Make sure your place is easily accessible or has adequate parking for your guests.
3. Party mixers. Foods to be prepared should be simple and light to the appetite. Finger foods are highly recommended to complement your party. Your guests will surely be fond of something that they can walk by or grab from time to time. Foods like pizza, chips and dip, and other cocktails are ideal. Bowls of salted peanuts and some assorted goodies, such as cookies and brownies, are also delightful choices. Not only are they much easy to prepare but they also save you from messy cleanups. It is best to avoid messy foods that might ruin the equipment used in the party.
Refreshments should be present at all times! There should be a flowing mixture of drinks to accompany your food. Soft drinks and juices will be the ideal party punches. You can also create a bar set-up with a variety of mixed drinks to serve, along with some basic alcohol or beer and plenty of ice. Party wines are good options too. Most of all, there should be an endless supply of spring water to loosen up the enervate throat of your singers.
4. Create a theme. If you want to enliven your party to a different level of fun and excitement, why not settle for a particular theme? It’s a wonderful idea to create a perfect concept to go with the party. It could be a retro-themed atmosphere or an awards night spectacle where your guests can dress up like Charice, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and other local and international superstars.
You can totally create a festive party atmosphere when you spice it up with something that will make your setting more attractive. Funky glasses, hats, colorful wigs, posters of singers, musical instruments and any other related singing stuff would be the right decoration to match the soiree. You can design a dressing room area, or build an instant stage set up for a real show ambiance. Party lights and hanging disco ball may add extra dazzling effect for the party. In fact, this is an amazing option to consider!
5. Fun-packed activities. A karaoke party is not just about nonstop singing marathon. You can add some fancy games and contests to fuel the party such as singing duets and guessing games. You can also slot in truth or dare games to make it even more exciting. You could have gimmicks and give special prizes for the best song rendition, the crowd’s favorite performer, or even the coolest song choice. If it is a themed party, give out prizes for the best “diva look alike” or star of the night awards. A group sing-along is a stimulating activity to get everybody singing and dancing. Party games are fun mixers that can intensify everyone’s upbeat humor. And definitely, the party won’t be complete without pictures! Make sure that a fully equipped camera is always by your side to capture every fun-filled moment.
6. Invitation and party guests. After finalizing all the details for the party, you can now send invites to the people you wish to partake in the celebration. It could be a simple notice via text message, phone call, Facebook notification, or email messages. If you decide to turn your videoke party into an official get-together, then you can make written invitations enclosed in arty envelopes. Make sure to include all the important details-date, venue, time, theme, etc. This is the time to spark your creativity!
When it comes to invitees, the more, the merrier! So ask your friends, relatives and close neighbors to join your planned karaoke party, especially those who cannot resist the bit of fun singing with a bunch of people.
7. You are responsible. As the event host, you should pay attention not only on the details of the party but be responsible for everything else. Before the gathering takes place, be sure to secure permission from your barangay or other concerned authorities. You should be aware of the local ordinances prevailing in your place to avoid complaints from your neighborhood. As the host, it is also your job to ensure that everybody is having a great time, encourage them to actively participate on various games and contests you prepared. Get everyone in the mood, if they don’t feel like singing, don’t push them to do so. A warm applause and sound of good cheer after every performance shows great appreciation for your guest’s heartfelt effort.
So, your recipe for the perfect videoke party is all set. With these useful guidelines, you can now be the life of the party and have lots of fun!
About the Author
Ed is a music lover who has passion in singing and dancing. He usually does it with his karaoke microphone and portable karaoke. He sings his heart out whenever he is alone or with his friends. Music is definitely in his soul!